Dr. Fred K Hood Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Fred K Hood?

Dr. Hood

I have a severe case of anxiety and I didn’t feel like I would ever be able to live my life normal again, I went to dr. Hood because that’s who my parents use and he put me on a medication that turned me 180 degrees and now I’m better than ever, I could not have done this without Dr. Hoods help. Dr. Hood and his staff are by far the best doctors I’ve ever been to and I thank them and god every day that I was able to be helped!!!

I appreciate Dr. Hoods service and trust his advice. However some of his staff does not approach their job as a one of service but rather just a job. Compassion and patience must be used especially when dealing with seniors. The front desk people are not the best professionals.

Dr F. Hood showed compassion and was very attentive to my concerns. He doesn't rush through the exam like other doctors to meet a daily patient quota. Even when some of my concerns were not in his field of medicine he gave me referrals instead of just avoiding them. He is the kind of primary care physician I've been seeking and the reason I left my previous primary care physician. Thank you Dr. Hood!

The tone of the office has changed. They employ Physician's Assistantso who are uncaring and do not function in the best interest of the patient. Dr. Hood is very impersonal. After my first experience with Dr. Hood every visit has been down hill. I will not return and will not refer anyone to this office.

I can never get an appointment when I have a medical emergency. Even when I state that it is an emergency, I am given an appointment that is 6 or 7 days away. I often end up going to urgent care because I need to be seen.

Be careful of front desk, co-pay goes missing

I am writing this review because I have been going to Dr. Hood for several years and I have encounter two major problems with this office over the years. The first encounter was upon check-in in which the front desk person was very rude to patients as well as co-workers. After experiencing this behavior firsthand, I asked to speak with the office manager at the time, who rectified the situation immediately. Recently, I began to experience a different kind of problem under new management. This office has a new office manager who does not understand multitasking nor follow-up callbacks. I have reached out to this office and spoke with the office manager about co-pay that was paid, yet, I was billed. I explained to her the co-pays were paid. She proceeded to check her database and stated she showed the co-pay was paid, but five days later, her database showed I received a refund in the form of a check, “but the check was not sent out to me”. Hmmmm makes you wonder. She stated she would call back and here it is three weeks later, I have not received a call back. However, what I did receive was a collection notice. This in my eyes is bad for business. I loved going to this doctor because he is understanding, patient, and truly cares about his patients. Nevertheless, his office manager and those first greeters are making visiting this office difficult. I use to go to Piedmont, who provided excellent service, but Dr. Hood, who is associated with Emory, was recommended to me, so I took a chance. This is the first time I experience co-payments going missing, needless to say, this is not the first, second, nor third time, my co-pay does not show up at this office. For those individual who are thinking about going to this doctor, make sure you keep a copy of your office visit. Make sure your receipts show you paid your co-pay, otherwise you risk receiving a bill for co-pay as well as a collection notice for a bill you paid in cash (but somehow it slipped into someone’s pocket).

Cancelled appointment

Dr Hood cancelled my scheduled appointment always rescheduling me two months after. I got tíred of waiting and finally had to see another doctor that was less Busy

Improve wait time and they will come

I really like Dr. Hood. His staff is friendly enough. I may have given the impression that I do not like waiting to be seen. I think they know that about me. Not my face but my name. I may have been tagged but my time is valuable too. I have been tempted to change doctors but I could get worse and with my history with doctors I probably would. The wait time is the worse thing about Dr. Hood. His bed-side manner is great. He is concerned and attentive and he listens. I like that in a doctor. Overall, I am gonna hang in there. Maybe if he reads these comments, he will do something to improve the wait time. I hope so.

Kudo's for Dr. Hood

I am the type of person, if I am not happy with your service I will leave. Dr. Hood came highly recommended from several people who were extremely pleased with him and the other PA's. The check-in time and theyoung ladies at the front desk leaves little to be desired as they are unprofessional and several times I have seen them bickering among themselves, while other patients were waiting in the wait area. Once getting in to see Dr. Hood, he was always concern about my health, never pushy, always made sure I had enough medication, as he give you refills for three months at a time. I have never had a bad experience with Dr. Hood or his nurse as if seems they have always gone over and beyond the top when treating me. Kudo's for Dr. Hood.

Hmmmmm, not bad!

Dr. Kennard seems overly conscientiouswhen it comes to dispensing pain meds but after waiting for a good hour to see him, he was courteous and spent a comparatively long time with me. Very patient in answering my questions and he did ask a couple of times if I had more questions.Look out for the blood pressure guy - he used the machine cuff on me, which was very painful and did not work. As a matter of fact it hurt so bad I begged him to take it off but he just stood there like a total boob, waiting until it finished! Effin' sadist! He could have release me from the machine cuff and used a manual cuff, which he ended up having to do, anyway! The visit is pretty expensive.They tried to charge my insurance company $500.00 for an not overly intensive exam. The insurance company did pay him $280.00 dollars, which I still think is pretty pricey.

I have seen Dr. Hood for 4 years or moremy opion is that he is not interested inall his patients. He is unconcered withthe proper care of all his patients,thecare that I recieved was poor over timeafter recieving unfounded bias form otherhealth care providers that never took thetime to provide adequate care,put falseinformation in my medical files.He has ina sense abused me,just trying to keep hisfiles in order, leaving me out on a limb by not giving me health care informationso that we could be a team after all it is my body.I came to Dr. Hood with mymedical file up front he never took app-ropriate care in the control of my medical contitions, I am so worse offknow. I feel that Dr.Hood should go takea course in Professional Medical Ethicsafter all what make him a Dr. is his Patients!!!

Dr. Fred K Hood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stockbridge, GA.