Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Fred I Howard III has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Fred I Howard III has the following 2 expertise
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
Dr. Fred I Howard III has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Fred I Howard III is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
This man saved my life. I was bitten by a spider and really had no idea I had been bit. Un willing I went to see him one morning forced by my wife, and he said I needed something done NOW not tomorrow first thing. He said the hospital is right back there and I will be there in a half hour to do surgery. And he was and did the surgery in fact a few of them as I went into a coma for 20 some days. Even though the odds me making it were very slim he continued to do everything possible . The fact that I can be here to write the review is beyond amazing let alone that I have no issues with any thing from this surgery at all. God Bless the fact that we have this much talent and a person who truly cares in Polk county. He is the man!!!
Dr. Howard did fine in performing my gall bladder surgery... however at HIS request I let him perform a nisan fundoplication (stomach wrap) to stop my acid reflux 3 months later, that turned out to be a total disaster. I was supposed to go home the next day, however he punctured one lung & it collapsed, the other lung was filled with water & blood, I couldn't breathe, my stomach ended up in my chest and I almost died! This was on a Friday & the doctor was out of town at a swim meet til Monday so I was put on "hold" over the weekend. I was on life support for several days, ended up having to have 2 more surgeries by his associate, Dr. Speyerer.. (since my husband refused to let Howard touch me again), one to fix the first surgery & another a month later, because I was filled with infection, that was causing me terrible spasms. Dr. Howard thought it was just a pulled muscle, & gave me muscle relaxers that did nothing. I ended up at Winter Haven Hosp. 38 days, and for the next 6 months had constant vomiting & was shuttled back and forth between W. Haven Hosp. & Tampa General Hospital several times. My acid reflux is much worse than it ever was before surgery, but at least the vomiting has stopped as long as I stay on Aciphex. I lost a total of 42 lbs & went from 146 to 104 lbs. My husband was frantic the whole time. The whole experience was horrible and we will never, ever recommend Dr. Howard to anybody!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
18 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
University Of Missouri Health System
Dr. Fred I Howard III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFred I Howard Iii Md, 1120 Carlton Ave Ste 1100, Lake Wales, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Fred I Howard III in this video.
Dr. Fred I Howard III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lake Wales, FL.