The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Fred V Kemp
Dr. Fred V Kemp, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Aurora, IL. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Kemp is affiliated with Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital and Rush-Copley Medical Center. Dr. Kemp has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Fred V Kemp has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne Rosacea
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
My experience with Dr. Kemp has been very positive. Granted, my condition (rosacea) probably isn't difficult to diagnose or treat, but the prescribed treatment has seemed to work well.I found Dr. Kemp to be very friendly and attentive. He did not seem rushed at all, and took the time to answer all of my questions.For my first appointment, there was about a 3 week wait to see Dr. Kemp in Dec 2010. IDK if he was just booked or on vacation or what, but it wasn't a problem for me to wait because it wasn't urgent for me to see a Dr. right away. But that wait is the only reason I gave 2 stars for "Ease in getting an appointment".
Diagnosed with impetigo, was told it is highly contageous and could turn into mersa if not treated. Had me put neosporin on for a week. Neosporin did nothing, impetigo spread. Talked to other dermotologist who laughed at the thought of putting neosporin on impetigo. Prescribed antibiotic by new dermotologist, cleared problem up immediately.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Kemp is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
University Of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System
Dr. Fred V Kemp accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAdvocate Dreyer, 2285 Sequoia Dr, Aurora, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Fred V Kemp in this video.
Dr. Fred V Kemp is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Aurora, IL.