Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Fred Pasternack
Dr. Fred Pasternack, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Pasternack is affiliated with Lenox Hill Hospital. Dr. Pasternack has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Fred Pasternack has the following 3 specialties
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Fred Pasternack has the following 5 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Fred Pasternack has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 6
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Pasternack is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lenox Hill Hospital
43 Years Experience
Graduated in 1970
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions29 E 63rd St, New York, NY
Dr. Fred Pasternack is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.