Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Fred Peebles
Dr. Fred Peebles, MD, FACS is a Doctor primarily located in Powell, TN, with other offices in Powell, TN and Knoxville, TN (and 1 other location). He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include General Surgery. Dr. Peebles is affiliated with Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center, St Mary's Medical Center, Inc and Parkwest Med Ctr. He speaks English.
Dr. Fred Peebles has the following 1 specialty
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Showing 2 of 2
The very brief time I spent with Dr, Peebles, he was as disinterested as any doctor I have ever met. His head nurse, Teresa, speaks for him. When I complained of intense pain immediately following Dr. Peebles removing my gall bladder, she suggested I 'buck up', understand gas was blown into my gut during the procedure, and drink plenty of fluids. When my husband called a second time, frantic, Teresa approved over-the-counter gas relief. We were never able to speak to Peebles. I almost died of diabetic complications associated with poor care after the surgery. If you desire a factory-style surgical procedure with no professional follow-up and a consistent display of incompetency, Peebles is your man. I, however, will never darken his door again.
Dr. Peebles is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center
St Mary's Medical Center, Inc
Parkwest Med Ctr
Mercy Medical Center North
Mercy Medical Center West
Mercy Medical Center North
St Marys Health System
44 Years Experience
University of Tennessee
Graduated in 1969
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Fred Peebles is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Powell, TN.