Dr. Frederic Johnstone Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Frederic Johnstone?

Posted on September 13th, 2017

Had a ganglion cyst in left hand. Dr Johnstone injected it and it went away. Nice doctor and took good care of me. THANKS!!!!

Worst Dr I've ever seen

Posted on December 23rd, 2015

Originally, I was referred to him for a ganglion cyst removal on my wrist a few years back. His bedside manner was atrocious, the time he spent with me and explaining the diagnosis and surgical procedure were extremely lacking! His after care was just as bad. I felt as though I was not worth his time. (Being seen by other Dr's at the facility for other issues, I was shocked because I would give them 4-5's). Again, referred to him after 8mo of arm and tendon pain (after all other treatments have failed). Again, I felt unworthy of his time, felt as if I was making a mountain out of a molehill because I wanted to be fixed, not masked by cortisone! Thankfully, a referral to another OS is on the table. I wouldn't wish his lack of professionalism on my worst enemy.

Para-Educator

Posted on May 13th, 2013

My honest rating of this doctor is 0 out of 4 stars. This site did not allow me to choose 0 out of 4 or I would have! I didn't even have the "privilege" of seeing Dr. Johnstone OR his Assistant. I showed up for my appointment ONE MINUTE late and they refused to see me. The front office woman was not one bit apologetic! She said my paperwork, that was mailed - I NEVER received it, noted that I was supposed to arrive 15 minutes before my 2:45 appointment time. I was NOT told that when I originally made the appointment! She was RUDE and completely inconsiderate! All she cared about was THEIR time - not mine! It didn't matter not one tiny bit to her that I had to arrange for a subsitute for my classroom in order to come to the appointment. I made an appointment with another orthopedic surgeon right there in their waiting room. I have NEVER been treated worse by front office staff, medical staff or a doctors office EVER! It was absolutely inconsiderate, rude; and a BIG WASTE OF MY TIME!!!!! I guess the patients time doesn't really matter! Unbelieveable! Run the other direction!

Horrible bedside manner

Posted on February 2nd, 2012

Saw Dr Johnstone for a specialist opinion. He spoke with me for about 5 minutes, told me my wrist needed to be fused and did not fully explain what was wrong with it. My questions seemed to irritate me, and he shuffled me out of the office with a see you in two months. I would not recommend him - surgery is a major event and should be fully discussed with a patient, along with the diagnosis. Felt like he was only after the insurance money.

Seems to be in a hurry all the time

Posted on October 28th, 2011

Did not spend much time with me. Did not listen to my concerns. difficult to get a call back from front desk when you leave a message.

Totally Bad Experience

Posted on May 6th, 2010

I wish I had opted out before committing to this guy for hand surgery. From the beginning I had some reservations because of his lack of communication regarding my condition. He offered very little information other than brief answers to questions that I asked regarding the procedure. . Not only did I wait almost 45 minutes in the exam room before he came in but then he seemed to be in a hurry to get on with the next order of business. I went ahead with the surgery and the results so far have been totally unsatisfactory. I have since seen another hand specialist who is managing my post surgery symptoms and physical therapy (something that DR Johnstone didn't even recommend) I never saw DR Johnstone after surgery and wasn't even scheduled to see him for three weeks afterward. I would absolutely not recommend this doctor to anyone.

Not a good Orthopedic surgeon

Posted on July 4th, 2009

Not caring. Classifies everyone with same diagnosis in same catagory. Get's em in and get's em out. You are paying for HIS surgery center.

Posted on October 29th, 2017