Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Frederick B Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Diabetes Complications
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I have been a patient of Dr. Smith's since 1984 when he was just beginning a practice here in Seattle. Through the years he has helped me lead a healthy, optimal life style--free from any major illnesses. His specialty seems to be both in prevention of or worsening of possible problems and an ability to find the root cause of recurring illnesses (In my case multiple kidney stones). He is engaging and thorough.
Dr Smith came into the room and immediately started "talking" to me. I mean talking. Not this remote verbiage that most Doctors use that is highly scripted. He asked me where I worked, what I did, where I'm from, etc....And was Genuinely interested in my responses. His bedside manner is exceptional. Friendly, easy going, talkative, and sociable. he puts you ar ease and you forget about the pain you are in, at least for a few moments. He did a through evaluation and got me the test I needed and the treatment as well. I will definitley visit him often.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Providence Medical Center
Dr. Frederick B Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSwedish Physicians, 1001 4th Ave Ste 420, Seattle, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Frederick B Smith in this video.
Dr. Frederick B Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seattle, WA.