Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Frederick B Carlton Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Showing 5 of 5
I was in desperate facet-related back pain and asked to please be admitted (I had suffered for entirely too long), and was psychologically at a very low point. I was clear in my request that no narcotics be given, as I felt they were making me sicker. Dr. Carlton was "adamant", let's just say, that admitting me was not justified. He yelled at me, indicating a lack of belief (?) in my pain and discomfort. The best way I can describe it was that Dr. Carlton raged at me; there was a great deal of anger. My friend who accompanied me attempted to calm him and ask that he deal with me with a different approach (she is the finest person you could ever hope to meet). He stuck his finger in her face and yelled at her that he was NOT speaking to her and for her to be quiet. I could not believe what was happening. After he left the room, we decided to leave as well. No one should treat a person in such distress the way I was treated that day.
I was feeling terrible and was frightened by my level of discomfort. Nevertheless, dr. Carlton was extremely rude to me as well as my friend who accompanied me. This is really an understatement. All I can think is that he has a problem with anger. It was bizarre, but more importantly-- cruel, as I was at one of my lowest points.
38 Years Experience
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Frederick B Carlton Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Mississippi Medical Center Grenada, 960 Avent Dr, Grenada, MS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Frederick B Carlton Jr in this video.
Dr. Frederick B Carlton Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grenada, MS.