Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Frederick W Daniels IV
Dr. Frederick W Daniels IV, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Loris, SC, with other offices in Shallotte, NC and Little River, SC . He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Adolescent Medicine and Pediatrics. Dr. Daniels has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Frederick W Daniels IV has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Frederick W Daniels IV has the following 5 expertise
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Substance Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Birth Control
Dr. Frederick W Daniels IV is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
This Doctor has a very narrow mind. If you differ from his beliefs he will be very confrontational and condescending. We didn't want our son to have vaccinations at 2 months of age. With all the negativity surrounding vaccinations and links to autism and SIDS, we decided it was best to put it off. He acted like we were stupid, told us not to believe the research we found online, slammed his pen down, refused to see us, and told us to read an *outdated* book on vaccines. When I brought up that the Italian Courts ruled the MMR can cause autism, he told me that was not true----- even though you can look it up and read it from many different sources. If you want a doctor with an old world view and who is not open to new ideas and research, this is your guy. I want whats best for my baby and want the right to decline anything I feel may harm him.
Dr. Daniels was wonderful to my children. They never once dreaded going to the Dr. because he was so personable. I have since moved and wish I could have him as our pediatrician in our new location. I would drive the 3 hours if at all possible. Thank you to Dr Daniels and his staff at the Little River office for all you have done for my family.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
31 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Sc Medical Center
Dr. Frederick W Daniels IV accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Frederick W Daniels IV is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Loris, SC.