Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Frederick T Deweese has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Frederick T Deweese has the following 15 expertise
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
Dr. Frederick T Deweese is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. DeWeese performed my bilateral knee surgery in April. Beforehand, I researched extensively amongst people whom I knew that had this surgery in order to choose the dr. with the best track record for both successful surgery and no infection. I am very pleased with the results. A couple of weeks after I came home, I had a question regarding one incision and called his office to ask about it. At my suggestion, the nurse decided that he could look at it via email from a photo that I took with my cell phone and sent. She called me after he had a chance to look at it and assured me it was okay. That saved me a 2 hr. car ride. His PA is also excellent. I have no pain and don't even have to take Tylenol. I have been told by friends that it takes a full year to recover from a knee surgery. I began playing golf again on a somewhat limited basis last month. (I'm not any better at it yet !) I have recommended Dr. DeWeese to anyone who asks about my experience and will continue to do so. Dr. DeWeese will take all the time that you want to answer your questions...as he will be doing for the person ahead of you that is currently in his examining room. You will need to take an interesting book to entertain yourself for 30 minutes or so in the waiting room unless you enjoy tv. Also, I could not have received any better post-op care than I got at Lourdes. Great nurses and pts.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
27 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Frederick T Deweese accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Frederick T Deweese is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Paducah, KY.