Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Frederick Dirbas has the following 1 specialty
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer (Breast Ductal Carcinoma)
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Dr Dirbas is one of the best breast surgeon in the Bay Area. He's extremely knowledgeable, skillful, professional, and compassionate. Dr Dirbas advises, but doesn't force a decision on you. I always felt in control of my treatment. As a surgeon, his primary goal is to eradicate cancer but he also focuses on preserving the aesthetic look of the breast. Being diagnosed with breast cancer is overwhelming and to be in the care of an amazing doctor takes some of the edges off. Dr Dibas comes highly recommended.
Surgeon Dr. Frederick Dirbas is The Doctor. He has it all: brilliant mind, gold hands, and warm heart. Dr. Dirbas approach dealing with my rare medical problem - fast growing giant breast mass - was the best that patient would want â very cautious, thoughtful, and well plan prepared. His staff is incredibly helpful and very professional. You cannot wish for a better care. Doctor Dirbas is definitely The Surgeon you can trust with your life.
Dr. Dirbas was phenomenal! My sister (27) and I (22) just underwent a double mastectomy after finding out we were BRACA 2 positive. This man saved our lives! He and the whole entire womens cancer center staff was amazing and touch such wonderful care of us. Now we are finally on the other side of a 1% chance thanks to Dr. Dirbas!
Dr. Dirbas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Stanford Hospital & Clinics
Stanford Medical Center
28 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1985
Clinical Center At The Nih
Dr. Frederick Dirbas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsStanford Hospital & Clinics, 300 Pasteur Dr, Stanford, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Frederick Dirbas in this video.
Dr. Frederick Dirbas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stanford, CA.