Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Frederick Heiss
Dr. Frederick Heiss, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Burlington, MA. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Heiss is affiliated with Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and Lahey Clinic Hospital, Inc. He speaks English.
Dr. Frederick Heiss has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Frederick Heiss has the following 13 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Endoscopic Sphincterotomy
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Pancreatectomy (Pancreas Removal)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Frederick Heiss is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
This doctor is simply one of the worst I've seen in a long time. I have a severe, undiagnosed digestive disorder that has been plaguing me for almost 6 months now. Dr Heiss completely blew me off, determined that it was simply a psychological condition, and told me to see a psychologist. Of course, within 2 months I was in the er being told I needed my gallbladder removed, and I'm still suffering from my primary symptoms. Don't see this guy, ever. He seems to be content to ride the rest of his career out coasting on past accomplishments, and will do nothing of help for you. Don't waste your precious time on this guy like I did.
Dr. Heiss is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center
Lahey Clinic Hospital, Inc
46 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1967
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsLahey Hospital & Medical Center, 41 Mall Rd, Burlington, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Frederick Heiss in this video.
Dr. Frederick Heiss is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Burlington, MA.