Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Frederick J Rau has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Adolescent Medicine
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Hysteroscopic Surgery
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
I have been going to this practice for over 30 years and to Dr. Rau since he joined the practice. Dr. Rau still is very pleasant and is great at diagnosing a problem. However, the rest of the things have gone down hill. He is impossible to get an appointment with and he never returns calls anymore. When you see him he is rushed and scattered. The office staff have gotten worse too. You get conflicting stories about when the doc will be there and give you appointments for days he is not there. I feel bad to write a negative review because I like and respect Dr. Rau but he's not to doctor I knew anymore.
I have been going to Dr. Rau since he joined the practice. I have always given him the highest ratings but things have gone downhill. The last 2 times I saw him he seemed rushed, distracted and disinterested. He was always prompt to return phone calls but now he doesn't return them at all. The staff are also distracted and disinterested. I called to see when the blood lab would be open in Rocky Hill. They told me it would be open the next day from 8 to 4. I got there around 9 and the office was locked and no one was there. Another woman arrived for a scheduled appointment and was stunned that no one was there. When they finally opened the office and I told them about waiting they told me I should have called the day before to make sure the blood lab would be open. When I went on another day I had the paperwork that the doc gave me for the lab. They told me they had to re do it because of their "new" computer system (I have been hearing about their new computer system since April). Dealing with this practice has become very difficult. Seems the bigger the practice gets the more disorganized it gets.
Dr. Rau is the best doctor I have ever had. He is professional, patient and kind. He has been my gyn for over 30 years and always provides care that is above and beyond the norm. A very talented doctor and a wonderful person
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2011, 2010, 2015, 2016, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2013, 2011, 2012, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2014, 2015)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2014)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Rau is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Frederick J Rau accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGynecology & Obstetrics, 100 Retreat Ave Ste 201, Hartford, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Frederick J Rau in this video.
Dr. Frederick J Rau is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hartford, CT.