Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Frederick J Weigand has the following 2 specialties
- Adult Medicine
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I went in for my annual physical as a new patient as I'm new to the area and needed a new doctor. I got lost getting there and when I called the office, the secretary on the phone couldn't give me proper directions except "It's in Deltona," which I already knew. When I finally got there, I waited over an hour before going in to the office and after meeting him, my boyfriend was present, one of the first things out of his mouth was "Do you two live together?" Yes we do, as we are a young couple and the fact that he even asked that was uncalled for. Later on, after ordering blood work for me, he started preaching statistics and trying to get us to change our minds. I went in for medical purposes and the fact that he wanted to preach to us about our lives is asinine. He said as we left, "well I'll probably never see you again." No, jerk, you won't. You do NOT need to butt in on my personal life. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
If you just want a prescription for a mammogram, you have to see the doctor for a physical and amazingly they have an immediate appointment. When calling with severe back pain, like this morning, they have no available appointments, but will have the nurse call. I am still waiting 4 1/2 hours later. I have been going to him several years and this is the norm. Oh yeah - you pay BEFORE you see the doctor!
53 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1965
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. Frederick J Weigand accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFlorida Hospital Family Medicine, 1565 Saxon Blvd Ste 102, Deltona, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Frederick J Weigand in this video.
Dr. Frederick J Weigand is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Deltona, FL.