Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Frederick D Kaplan has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Frederick D Kaplan has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 35
Dr. Kaplan has been my primary care physician for 35 years. He is OUTSTANDING in every way - demeanor, referrals, advice, diagnosis - you name it. I could not be more pleased to have Fred Kaplan as my doctor, and the referrals he has given me - orthopedist, urologist, dermatologist - all equally outstanding.
Dr. Kaplan is an excellent physician. I can get in to see him same day (next day at the latest) and always feel that I'm in good hands. He always runs on time and gives me plenty of time in the exam room. I especially like that Dr. Kaplan listens carefully before giving me a diagnosis and treatment. He's not quick to prescribe like many physicians. I've been going to Dr. Kaplan for over 15 years and will never switch! The few times I've been traveling and had to see another physicians I quickly called Dr. Kaplan for a second opinion. He's an all around amazing family physician. We need more doctors like him!
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
38 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Frederick D Kaplan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFrederick David Kaplan Md, 750 Old Country Rd, Plainview, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Frederick D Kaplan in this video.
Dr. Frederick D Kaplan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plainview, NY.