Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Frederick A Matsen III has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Frederick A Matsen III has the following 29 expertise
- Arm Injuries
- Bone Fracture
- Bone Transplantation
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Joint Surgery (Joint Prosthesis Implantation Arthroplasty)
- Anterior Compartment Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Compartment Syndromes
- Knee Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Herniated Disc
- Prosthesis Failure
- Tendon Injuries
- Joint Surgery (Arthroplasty)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Muscule Diseases
- Joint Diseases
- Joint Replacement
- Leg Fracture (Tibial Fractures)
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Frederick A Matsen III has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Frederick A Matsen III is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I had end stage arthritis in both shoulders and suffered from extreme pain and limited motion. Dr. Matsen performed the ream and run surgery on both of my shoulders four months apart. I now am pain free and can do the activities such as golf, water skiing, working out with weights. This surgery has been like changing.
Dr/Professor Matsen is one of the premier shoulder surgeons in the world. His skill is beyond question, and his interest in his patients and his follow-up is second to none. When I first met Dr/Professor Matsen I was unable to use my left arm due to a number of shoulder surgeries by others, that left me completely unable to use my right arm. After a long and exhausting surgery, Dr/Professor Matsen restored my right shoulder, giving me near complete use of it. It is fair to say, that he gave me my life back. He is orthopedic "artist" and simply the most skilled and impressive surgeon I have ever met.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
50 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
University Of Washington Medical Center
Dr. Frederick A Matsen III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Washington Medical Center, 1959 NE Pacific St, Seattle, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Frederick A Matsen III in this video.
Dr. Frederick A Matsen III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seattle, WA.