Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Frederick E Okoye Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Frederick E Okoye Jr has the following 7 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
Showing 5 of 12
There was no patients before me, and I had to sit in a waiting room for almost an hour before he called me in. All their tools and technology need to be updated - including their blood pressure machine and scale. They had an outdated digital scale which appeared to be from the 80's! I consulted with him for about 30 mins. Within that half hour he kept refusing blood tests, because he "didn't wanna do extra work". However, in we came up with a plan of action. I stuck with him as I was desperate for a solution. As soon as one of the methods failed, I called his answering service. I had to page him twice in three hours just to speak with him. When I finally did, he was extremely rude. He told me he couldn't help me because he was "preoccupied with something", then hung up on me. Unbelievable! Do not waste your time on seeing him. He is in compassionate, inconsiderate, and arrogant.
HORRIBLE.RUDE.MEAN.UNPROFESSIONAL AND UNHELPFUL. I WENT TO SEE HIM FOR THE 1ST TIME,BECAUSE HE WAS LISTED UNDER MY INSURANCE. A TERRIBLE MISTAKE. I SIMPLY WANTED HIM TO GIVE ME A REFERRAL TO A SPECIALIST TO TAKE X RAYS OF MY BACK BECAUSE I WAS EXPERIENCING TERRIBLE LOWER BACK PAIN,DUE TO A PREVIOUS CAR ACCIDENT SOME YEARS BACK. AND HE WAS RUDE, AND WAS TELLING ME THAT IT WILL BE A HASSLE TO GET THE INSURANCE TO PAY FOR THE X-RAY/MRI. HE DIDNT TAKE ME SERIOUSLY AND EVEN YELLED AT ME OVER THE PHONE WHEN HE SCREWED UP AND DIDNT GIVE ME ALL THE INFO NEEDED TO MAKE MY APPOINTMENT WITH THE SPECIALIST. HE IS UN-PROFESSIONAL AND MADE ME CRY CUZ HE MADE REMARKS THAT BACKPAIN IS THE NUMBER ONE CAUSE THAT PATIENTS GO TO THE DR.IN AMERICA AND HE ISNT A NARCOTIC DISPENSER.(MEAN WHILE, I NEVER MENTIONED DRUGS TO HIM OR PRESCRIPTIONS, ALL I WANTED WAS A REFERRAL TO A DOCTOR THAT CAN HELP ME WITH MY PROBLEM , BEING A MOM OF THREE SMALL KIDS AND IN NEED OF BEING ABLE TO FUNCTION IN MY EVERYDAY LIFE.:( Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
North General Hospital
Dr. Frederick E Okoye Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFrederick Emenike Okoye Jr Md, 642 Broad St Ste 1, Clifton, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Frederick E Okoye Jr in this video.
Dr. Frederick E Okoye Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clifton, NJ.