Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Frederick Romano
Dr. Frederick Romano, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Sarasota, FL, with other offices in Pottstown, PA and Clearwater, FL . He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine. Dr. Romano is affiliated with Brandon Regional Hospital, Doctors Hospital Of Sarasota and Memorial Hospital York. He speaks English.
Dr. Frederick Romano has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Romano came in and talked to me in a makeshift room cracking jokes and not taking the situation very seriously. I had a dog bite, not severe but I didn't want rabies. He gave me a short 10 minute consultation and sent me on my way. I did not get any services rendered or any real advice other than to go see the County Health Department. This would have been perfectly okay, but then I get a bill a few weeks later for 791 DOLLARS. FOR WHAT??! And this was AFTER I paid my $200 ER copay. Valencia Emergency Physicians charged me at a level 3 severity (out of 5) for a chihuahua dog bite. I came only to see if getting shots for rabies was necessary. I never got these shots here, or any treatment besides him looking at my finger and taking my vitals. I really wanted to like this doctor as he was very charismatic but somehow an $800 charge to "examine" a tiny dog bite makes him less likable.
I think he is probably the most arrogant individual in the health care industry. You can hear him from rooms cursing laughing and talking inappropriately. He comes in with his fake sense of urgency and care to just ask vague questions and to leave. He doesn't even listen to my stomach and I was there for lower abdominal pain!!!! He is loud all I hear him doing is talking about inappropriate things and laughing. He doesn't even come back in to give results unless I beg the nurses. I'd rather waitn4 hours then go there and only wait 5 minutes to see a physician. I ended up going to my family doctor who referred me out again which the real doctors I was referred to found out what was wrong with me that this clown couldn't. Now I have doctors appointments all the time to help me with my rare cystic mass they he couldn't even take the time to find. DO NOT GO THERE!!!!!!!!
Dr. Romano is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Brandon Regional Hospital
Doctors Hospital Of Sarasota
Memorial Hospital York
Pottstown Memorial Medical Center
Lawrence And Memorial Hospital, New London CT
18 Years Experience
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Frederick Romano accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Frederick Romano is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sarasota, FL.