Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Fredric E Weiss has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 5 of 18
I went in to my first (and only) visit to Dr. Weiss and was prompted to fill out the standard forms. However, this one asked for my full credit card info. When I asked the receptionist if this was necessary, the bookkeeper introduced herself and insisted that it was required but that she would never, under any circumstances, charge my card without my express consent. I decided to put my debit card on file.I was then asked to pay my $40 dollar copay. No problem. However, I realized my checking account was low, and so I asked the receptionist if she could charge $20 to my card and take the rest in cash. She assured me this was fine. Next thing I know, she had accidentally charged the full $40 to my account. She was very nice and said she would refund it right away. Again, no problem.Then the bookkeeper stepped in again and firmly told me "We don't do refunds." When I explained what had happened, she said, "Well it costs us 3% to do a refund so we can't do it" (3% of $20 is a whopping 60 cents). I explained to her again (nicely) that the receptionist had made a mistake and that I did not agree to have my card charged $40, nor did could I afford to.She replied, "Well why not? Can't pay your bill at the end of the month?" I told her it was a debit card and that I would be charged an overdraft due to insufficient funds. Again, a smart answer from her. "Well obviously you have the money because it went through." Apparently she doesn't know how overdrafts work.I told her I hated to be a pain, but I really needed her to refund 20 of the 40 dollars she charged me. This time she said, "Well why don't you just go to the bank later and deposit more money? We don't do refunds." She flat-out refused to correct the mistake her office staff had made because she didn't want to have to worry about 60 cents.Then she had the nerve to tell me that the receptionist "never makes mistakes" and that the only explanation is that I must have been making her nervous! I'm the nicest, most mild-mannered person you'll ever meet.The doctor visit was brief, but he seemed like a decent guy. I haven't really formed much of an opinion of him either way. However, I will not be back to see him again. The whole issue wasn't THAT big of a deal, but the bookkeeper's attitude and rudeness was shocking and off-putting enough to me that I don't think I can trust them. After reading other reviews, I'm tempted to go back in there and insist they tear up my credit card info in front of me.
Dr. Weiss is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Fredric E Weiss accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsFredric E Weiss Inc, 16311 Ventura Blvd Ste 1175, Encino, CA
Dr. Fredric E Weiss is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Encino, CA.