Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Fredrick Ellyin
Dr. Fredrick Ellyin, MD, FACE, FACP is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL. He has 52 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ellyin is affiliated with Swedish Covenant Hospital, Northshore Skokie Hospital and Glenbrook Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Fredrick Ellyin has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Fredrick Ellyin has the following 19 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Cholesterol Management
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Diabetic Foot
- Fine-Needle Biopsy
- Gland Issues
- Parathyroid Diseases
Dr. Fredrick Ellyin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
At first, I thought he would be too old for a doctor... But, after talking to him-- he makes sure that you will feel better with his jokes and what not... And good thing about him is, he would suggest using natural cure than prescribing medication right away. He will explain the things that a regular person like me will understand.Getting an appointment is about 2-3 weeks wait. But, I would say it is worth it.With the staff, they are really nice and pleasant to talk to. I didn't have any trouble with them.
Dr. Ellyin is a very smart, experienced doctor. I would suggest being your own advocate, as I never receive a call about test results even when they come back abnormal. If you want test results, it usually takes 3-4 calls to the office to get adequate answers. He does spend a lot of time with each patient, and answers all questions. Because of this, he's always behind schedule. Be prepared to wait.
Dr. Ellyin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Highland Park Hospital
Northshore University Healthsystem
52 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1961
Unconfirmed Foreign Training
Dr. Fredrick Ellyin accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDr Fredrick Ellyin Ltd, 5140 N California Ave, Chicago, IL
Dr. Fredrick Ellyin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.