Dr. Fredrick S Junn Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Fredrick S Junn?

This Doctor needs to be evaluated by a doctor or the Michigan medical Association. Unable to communicate other than to say, I can get you a year" Then nothing else. His assistant has to speak for him.

There is something wrong with this surgeon. I think his staff may write his good reviews.

Caring Doctor

Dr. Junn treats his patients with dignity and respect. He will only operate when necessary and always ensures his planned course of action is the best for his patients. I highly recommend you visit him if you think you need surgery or if you have back, neck or other problems such as numbness or pain in your extremities.

Vegetable maker

After searching for answers after shunt surgery on my sister by dr Junn, U of M said he damaged her brain, she cannot do anything, speak, feed herself, walk. We went back for shunt adjustment and instead of adjusting shunt slowly, he turned it all the way down and caused a brain bleed, then wanted to put in burr holes. My sister also has a huge incisional hernia the size of a bowling ball. He is a monster.

Exellent

No, no, no!!!

Do not go to this surgeon, no, no no....for your life's sake, stay away....

Does not listen to patients after surgery

Excellent surgeon with terrible bedside manner

Dr Junn is an excellent surgeon. He was able to preform a surgery that all the neurosurgeons at DMC said was impossible. However after the surgery I very rarely saw him except when he came into degrade me for being the weakest female pt he has ever had. As I am an RN I reminded him that pain is not what he thinks it should be but per JACHO who is the accrediting body for the hospital pain is the fifth vital sign and he can not tell me less than 24 hours after cutting into my brain how much pain I should or should not be in. I also reminded him I know how billing works and moving me out of the ICU once my insurance and I (copay) has already paid for the day is inappropriate. I never saw him again the rest of my hospitalization just his residents. However what must be remembered when choosing a surgeon is personality is secondary to skill. He may have terrible bedside manor (most surgeons do - it's the GOD complex we nurses know all to well) but he truly has skill. While having both a kind caring physician and a highly skilled physician is optimal. If I have to choose one its skill every time. For kindness I'd be more particular with my primary care physician as he is still in control when your hospitalized and can mediate between a rude non-personal consulting physician and the patient.

I would never go to him again he would not do surgery on me with having me do 4 epurial shots. The shots made me worse. I went to another dr had 2 rods and 6 screws put in.

go somewhere else

I was not impressed with Dr. Junn or with Oakwood. His accent is hard to understand. He never explained the procedure he did and everything he put in needed to be removed due to a bad infection. The residents there do the surgery which is why the infection rate is so high. Would go to a good surgeon who doesn't rely on residents to do his work.

Top notch surgent & staff!!

Dr Junn has changed my life. I'd be decades without him!

Money hungry, uncaring, self absorbed

Dr. Junn was assigned to me at Oakwood Hospital. Last week I was sent in for a MRI with the suspicion of MS. I have not been able to feel my left arm for a month. At my MRI appt two drs came out and asked to speak to me and my husband privately. There was a tumor on my brain and they sent me straight to the ER. After spending two days undergoing MRIs Cat scans and a MRA in the ER at Garden City I was transported by ambulance to have surgery at Oakwood in Dearborn. Dr Junn was my attending physician. The team of Dr's at Garden City said this is an emergency and you need surgery now. Dr Junn told me that I had no insurance and that he wasnt going to perform surgery. The nurse who was in charge at the time had also seen my chart and witnessed herself first hand how rapidly I was deteriorating and put me in a room against his orders. Dr. Junn came into the room and started questioning me about how I was able to remain in the hospital without insurance. He then proceeded to track down another nurse and question her infront of me in my room. My husband went to a supervisor and complained and the hospital decided that indeed i did need surgery. My tumor was bigger than a gold ball and pushing on the main artery that supplies the brain with blood. At this point I could not even stand up on my own. I have two children under 4 years old I am fighting to be there for my kids. Once the hospital decided that I needed the surgery it was scheduled. Dr Junn did not come into the hospital that day, nor would I want him doing brain surgery on me at this point anyways. He is by far the worst doctor I have ever seen or even heard of. I cant even give him one star but I couldnt post this review without a star. He told me that because I didnt have insurance that he couldnt help me and that me not being able to walk and my newly developed stutter and the seizure that I had my last night in the hospital was the direct result of a mental condition and that I should be evaluated by a shrink. If any one would like to see the pictures of the giant tumor in my brain feel free to email me.