Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Fredrick S Orleans has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Fredrick S Orleans has the following 10 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Fredrick S Orleans has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 18
Dr Orleans is a very thorough and concerned doctor. He cares about his patients. He has a very quiet bedside manner which some people discern as not caring or impersonal. I usually like an outgoing type doctor but after getting to know Dr Orleans I have learned that his personality is genuine and he really cares about you and wants to help in every way possible. He is quiet because he wants to hear what you have to say. He is a thinker, not a talker. He found my cancer & saved my life. I suggest you explain your symptoms in detail and don't be afraid to ask questions. His nurses are very caring as well and has always been very prompt in returning calls, refilling prescriptions, scheduling tests, etc. They stay long after the office closes to make sure the patients are taken care of. Dr Orleans works very long hours. I have been going to him for years now and he has performed many procedures and tests on me and my family and I highly recommend him. He is also highly recommended by other doctors. Please don't let the negative comments from others on here keep you from going to see him. He is a very intelligent doctor. Take time to get to know him and you will see what a great doctor he is.
Good doctor. I have been having the same problem for years. Prior to Dr. Orleans, no one could figure it out. He called me at 8PM one evening to find out how I was doing and talk to me about results. I was surprised he was still in the office. He told me that he usually stays late, reviewing results and charts.
It was a very busy Friday afternoon; the staff was curteous and very busy. Getting my information on a first visit and pulling my file from another doctor in the same offices and has treated me for over 5 years. Meeting him was a pleasure; he is kind and patient, went right to the problem and told us what we needed to do and gave me an RX for the treatment and healing of damage acid reflux can cause. He is going to scope with a light down my throat and see what is causing reflux; streach my throat a little to stop whatever is causing the foot to get stuck in my throat. The Rx he gave me will also help my sinus from draining and the fluid in my ears,, might even help my loss of hearing.
Dr. Orleans is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Hospital South Texas Medical Center
Dr. Fredrick S Orleans accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDiagnostic & Medical Clinic, 1700 Spring Hill Ave Ste 100, Mobile, AL
Dr. Fredrick S Orleans is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mobile, AL.