Have you seen Dr. Friedrich Boettner?

Compassionate Surgeon with gifted hands...

I went to see Dr. Boettner after visiting two other orthopedics locally. He was very professional, honest and compassionate. I scheduled my knee replacement almost immediately with him. This was my second surgery at HSS, as I expected every aspect of the surgery was tightly scheduled and the staff was wonderful. What was different this time was having the security of a surgeon who really seems to care about his patients. Dr. Boettner is truly a gifted surgeon, my incisions is about half the size of others I have seen in physical therapy. When pain medication made me sick, as it did with my hip surgery, Dr. Boettner and his staff found a combination of medicine that worked for me so I didn’t have to go without pain relief. Even my rheumatologist was amazed in how quickly I healed seeing that I have psoriatic arthritis and says the scar will eventually fade to the point it is barely noticeable. I would encourage anyone living outside the city, even at a distance, to make an appointment with Dr. Boettner. The experience will be worth the extra time. He does conveniently have appointments in Westchester. I have another knee to replacement pending and it is Dr. Boettner I will choose for the surgeon.

Finally, an honest amazing doctor

I needed a full knee (left) replacement, and local doctors did scope surgeries and pain killers but nothing help, nothing. I didn't trust them after the repeated visits as it felt they were milking the system so upon recommendation to visit HSS in NYC, I went with Dr. Boettner who was honest, transparent and professional. He immediately knew and said "you don't need it today with cortisone shots you can go for a year, but you def need a full replacement in under two years with your arthritis." That may not sound like much, but he play games and said exactly the truth. Surgery at HSS was amazing, the best staff and hospital my family have been in. You're in the hospital for a few days, so you meet a lot of nurses and can say, what an amazing caring group. In physical therapy afterwards, every nurse and other patients were shocked (yes, literally amazed and compared knee to knee) how clean/straight my cut was, how overall short it was. I couldn't believe how some other's knee was looking..for lack of better words, it felt like a butcher went at their knee. This surgery isn't a walk in the park for these surgeons so to make it as clean was a new appreciation for Dr. Boettner's skills as a surgeon. Recommend him, yes..i would push you actually. And for those outside manhattan thinking it would be challenging having it done in manhattan..it's worth it. My family and I wrestled with the idea too as locally seems so much convenient but this is your knee..for me I love walking so we did and happy we did. I'm a big walker with strong legs (I'm 72 but the body of a 52) so was able to walk after just 2 months vs what all nurses say always takes 3 months. Many nurses believe the smaller cut made the healing quicker too. Sorry for the long review, see Dr. Friedrich, his office staff is also so helpful and friendly..and top notch equipment. One last note, talking with other patients in the elevator, everyone said he was great too, and with hip surgery as well.

Reviewing my orthopedic doctor

Excellent doctor, hip replacement surgery exceeded my expectations

Dr. Boettner is a very straightforward doctor. He answered my questions and challenged me appropriately as I had seen several other doctors before settling on Dr. Boettner. By challenge, I mean he gave me assurance that my needs and expectations would be taken into account and that I would have to trust him. As an educated, informed patient, I had a hard time doing that after having seen so many other doctors at different hospitals that were not to my satisfaction. Dr. Boettner went over the various surgery options (anterior, posterior, and the possibility of a resurfacing). He does them all. For me, I settled on an anterior total hip replacement. I was walking hours after the surgery in the hospital, even going up and down stairs (caveat: I am a relatively young hip replacement patient in his upper twenties). After about 3 and 1/2 weeks I was walking without a cane and practically pain free. Dr. Boettner followed up via telephone, always answered my questions in a timely manner and was very attentive. In fact, all of the staff and treatment team at HSS were very attentive. I know it sounds unconventional to say, but it was one of the best hospital experiences I've had.

Another success story

Bilateral hip replacements done 3 months apart last year and I’m “back in the game.” I owe it to Dr Boettner and I highly recommend him!

I HAD THE VERY BEST EXPIERENCE

DR BOETTNER IS THE MOST PROFESSIONAL DOCTOR ONE COULD HOPE FOR,HE NOT ONLY IS A SUPERIOR SURGON BUT A THOUGHTFUL , CONSIDERATE WARM PERSON.HE NOT ONLY DID AN EXCELLENT JOB REPLACING MY HIP ,BUT MADE ME FEEL GOOD EVERY STEP ALONG THE WAY. GUNILLA MORRIS

Hip Replacement

I had both hip joints replaced by Dr. Boettner last year, and after enduring months of painful limping I am more than grateful to him for having restored a physical ability that we would like to take for granted: walking and moving at ease. The healing process went remarkably well, and thanks to Dr. Boettner’s surgical know-how I am back to “full speed.”

Dr. Boettner changed the quality of my life by providing me a full hip replacement. I can not say enough good things about him, and his staff. I hope he never forgets the impact he has on so many lives. Sincere Thank You to Dr. Boettner!!!!

Hiking and skiing a year after the hip replacement

Very satisfied with the surgery. Dr Boettner is areal no nonsense surgeon. All his advise should be taken, After having the surgery done a year ago I was able to hike after 6 months and after one year cross country ski. A new active life with no pain. Thanks to Dr.Boettner. '

Excellent surgery, amazing results!

I received tremendous care from Dr. Boettner for bilateral hip resurfacing. My function is restored and I can live an active life again after suffering with debilitating hip arthritis. Dr. Boettner is extremely skillful, professional and compassionate. I would strongly recommend him to my family and friends.

My hip replacement was a HUGE success

Prior to surgery I needed a cane for simple walking and lived on pain meds. i took Dr Boettner's advice to use an anterior approach for my hip replacement. The procedure was so successful that i took my last pain pill LESS THAN 24 hours after surgery. I was back at work in 5 weeks without even a trace of a limp. . It's now 3 months since the replacement and I still haven't taken any pain meds. My before and after difference is profound. Dr Boettner truly gave me my mobility and my life back.

So happy!

Incredible surgeon. Sometimes you have to wait but when he meets with you he is attentive and does not rush.

Dr. Friedrich Boettner is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Uniondale, NY.

Dr. Friedrich Boettner Is this you?