Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Fritz O Franke has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 28
Dr. Franke is not for everyone, but if you find that your are comfortable with his treatment style he can help you make progress you might have never thought possible. He will be authoritarian and make light of your symptoms at times. These are therapeutic techniques, not personality flaws. You must trust him and let the therapy take its course. Trust me, he knows exactly what he is doing and has objectives for each session. But again, you must trust him and commit for the long haul. Honesty is also essential, for your own sake. If you want more than medical management of your symptoms, if you are ready to commit to real change and bring an open mind and fearless attitude to each session, you might find your symptoms improving while also growing as a person and discovering the stranger that is you. You will probably find yourself either intrigued and excited by this possibility, or skeptical. You'll know from your reaction if a visit with Dr. Franke is worth exploring. You will also get to know a brilliant, humane man who will treat you as a person and handle your unique issues with delicacy and skill.
He never gave me insightful input, clarity of the medications he promptly wrote and did not provide a diagnosis. I was made to wait a half hour past the time of my appointment. I would not recommended this doctor. The intake lady was very nice though and seemed to care more about you then the doctor.
- University Wien
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Fritz O Franke accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Fritz O Franke is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.