Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gabriela Cora has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I am not one to go on the internet and complain about Doctors, but for this particular Doctor, I need to make sure people are aware of her utter rudeness. Dr, Cora, first off, did not even come to the waiting room to ask me back to her office. This was the first time meeting her so you would think a Psychiatrist would kindly guide you to their room. She yelled from the back and I had to direct myself to where I thought the noise came from. After sitting down with her and asking me questions and me responding you could just feel her lack of empathy and compassion for a patient. She May be a Doctor and have knowledge of certain things but she has no heart or soul. Without that, you are not a Doctor in my book. I have never felt so stressed while talking to a person who should be very comforting as we are dealing with mental illnesses. Without going into detail, she had the audacity to tell me she was going to do something that would be helping me out but never followed through with what she claimed. With that, she showed me exactly what I felt radiating off her in the office visit, a cold cold feeling. A complete Coward is probably the best word to describe her in that situation. If you are looking for a doctor that is heartless then this is the one for you.
19 Years Experience
Universidad De Buenos Aires
Graduated in 1999
St Elizabeth Hospital
Dr. Gabriela Cora accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gabriela Cora is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.