Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gabriela M Szabo
Dr. Gabriela M Szabo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Worcester, MA. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Szabo is affiliated with St Vincent Hospital. Dr. Szabo has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Gabriela M Szabo has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gabriela M Szabo has the following 18 expertise
- Cushing Disease
- Pituitary Diseases
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Thyroid Diseases
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Gland Issues
Dr. Gabriela M Szabo has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
Dr Szabo is quite simply the best! Treated me for thyroid cancer and was fantastic. Now treating me for diabetes and my wife for pre-diabetes, no one I've found is better. There is also a genuine attitude of concern and compassion for her patients that is lacking in many today! Both her and her staff are genuinely concerned with patients. Thank God for Dr. Szabo!
In my opinion, Dr. Szabo is terrible at what she does. She uses outdated guidelines in treating patients with thyroid issues and does not care about actual symptoms. My thyroid medicine was giving me horrible side effects that affected my quality of life and she couldn't even recognize the problem: I needed a different medicine. She told me to go to my PCP and treated me like I had no clue what I was talking about. It seems almost dangerous for her to tell someone who is feeling very sick that they are fine. My PCP changed my medication for me and in 2 weeks I felt much better. I was very disappointed with Dr. Szabo for not being able to detect a need for a change in medication (she's a specialist after all). A good doctor cares about how you feel and Dr. Szabo certainly does not care about how you feel.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Szabo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Carol Davila University Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 1998
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Gabriela M Szabo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsReliant Medical Group, 630 Plantation St, Worcester, MA
Dr. Gabriela M Szabo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Worcester, MA.