- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gabrielle M Adams
Dr. Gabrielle M Adams, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Albuquerque, NM. She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Adams is affiliated with Lovelace Medical Center - Downtown. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Gabrielle M Adams has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gabrielle M Adams has the following 10 expertise
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Dr. Gabrielle M Adams is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gabrielle M Adams - Posted on November 29th, 2017
Excellent in her work.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gabrielle M Adams - Posted on November 15th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gabrielle M Adams - Posted on May 6th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gabrielle M Adams - Posted on August 2nd, 2015
Exceptional, caring, knowledgeable Physician
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gabrielle M Adams - Posted on September 27th, 2014
Dr. Adams is an exceptional doctor. The first visit, she spent over 45 minutes discussing my condition and overall health. As far as GI doctors, she has been the best, most compassionate doctor I have ever been to for my condition. I was highly impressed that she had reviewed ALL of my records that I had sent. Her medical assistant is also professional and kind. Calls are quickly returned as well. I have had an endoscopy and colonoscopy at her facility and she was caring. I had had problems with waking up during colonoscopies so she made sure that I was comfortable. I feel blessed to have found such an exceptional doctor!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2018, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Adams is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Gabrielle M Adams Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS New Mexico
- BCBS NM PPO NM
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSOUTHWEST GASTROENTEROLOGY ASSOCIATES, 7788 Jefferson St NE, Albuquerque, NM
Dr. Gabrielle M Adams is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Albuquerque, NM.