Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gafar A Adesoji MD
Dr. Gafar A Adesoji has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gafar A Adesoji has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gafar A Adesoji - Posted on May 1st, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gafar A Adesoji - Posted on February 16th, 2011
superb Doctor who really cares
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gafar A Adesoji - Posted on May 12th, 2010
Dr. Adesoji started out as my mother primary doctor he had a true concern for her well being because she had so many ailments. Through watching his work with my mom...soon to follow was my father as one of his patients....Not knowing that i would soon fall ill and be admitted into the Desoto County Hospital without a primary doctor. They (many the staff of Desoto) had given up hope and begain to prepare my family for my demise, but then came Dr. Adesojo who prior to knowing my mom "told her he would take me on as one of his patients" and he encouraged my family and worked tireously with me, trying new medicines, calling in other colleges to work on me and never excepting defeat on my behalf.....I am here today because of his dedication and committement to life and thankful for a doctor who really cares for me and my family.....I only wish all doctors were like him and yes I would like to always have him as my doctor
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
North General Hospital
Dr. Gafar A Adesoji Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Memphis PPOx
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPROGRESSIVE PHYSICIANS PRACTICE, 8412 Airways Blvd, Southaven, MS
Dr. Gafar A Adesoji is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Southaven, MS.