Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gail M Amison
Dr. Gail M Amison, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mansfield, LA, with another office in Shreveport, LA. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Amison is affiliated with Willis-Knighton South & The Center for Women's Health. Dr. Amison has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Gail M Amison has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Gail M Amison has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Gail M Amison is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I like Dr. Amison...so do a lot of other people! The only bad thing I have to say is you must plan way in advance to see her. I like her style...never pushy, rude or condescending. She is sharp too. She was able to diagnose my friends serious medical issue when the local university could not. If you are a person who dislikes Dr.'s due to bad past experiences, she may well be the one you need to see. I have seen her off and on over the years as I am able to. I am always pleased and have recommended her many times.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Amison is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1996
Health Partners Institute Med Educ
Dr. Gail M Amison accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gail M Amison, MD - Family Medicine in Mansfield, LA, in this video.
Dr. Gail M Amison is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Mansfield, LA.