Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gail E Sowa
Dr. Gail E Sowa, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA. She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Sowa is affiliated with Sharp Memorial Hospital, Palomar Medical Center Poway and Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla. She speaks English.
Dr. Gail E Sowa has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Gail E Sowa has the following 13 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
Dr. Gail E Sowa has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Gail E Sowa is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
dr sowa was 30 minutes late to appointment. i had her scheduled for preconception counseling as i am planning on becoming pregnant. she neglected to tell me to stop taking 2 prescription medications that are teratogenic. at the end of the appointment i asked her about the medications and she said "good thing you brought those up, i forgot to tell you those medications cause birth defects and you should stop taking them". !!!! is she "forgets" such simple things and these medications were clearly listed on my forms i cant trust her to handle complex patients if she forgets simple things like telling a patient to stop taking teratogenic medications before getting pregnant. what an idiot!!!!
I will never recommend her, she shows no care, emphaty, spends no time with ( always in a hurry to get out of the room). Didn't make me feel cared for. No compassion. I was young then when I had her but never forgot my experience. She waited darn too long to deliver my baby because of that big damage was done to her and our family. She is n will not ve the Dr.
I don't understand where are all the complaints are coming from but I want to advise all that have made negative remarks about Dr. Sowa that you are way off base. She saved my life and my daughter's life. I was pregnant in 1996. I had preterm labor with my first child, a girl. She was responsive and quick to make sure that I was taken care of during this ordeal. I had immediate medical attention and she monitored my progress on a weekly basis until the birth of my daughter. During delivery, my daughter was not going throught my birth canal. My daughter was is distress, and so was I. The nurse was not monitoring me very well and Dr. Sowa walked into the room, threw on the lights, and told the nurse that she had been monitoring my vitals and the babies vitals during the stages of my labor. She was very professional, excused the nurse, explained to me that there was complications and rushed me to emergency surgery. It is the doctors like Dr. Sowa that you should be drawn to. Next time you complain about bedside manner and darn she didn't talk about the roses I planted yesterday, think long and hard. Do I want a doctor that will be there to save my life and my unborn childs life, or do I want a doctor to tell my that coffee grounds are great for acidic plants. Your life is in her hands, she is fantastic. Shame on you.
I left the appointment thinking I'd never go back to Dr. Sowa but not completely sure why. Reading the other reviews after my appointment helped me identify how I felt: talked down to, not really listened to...intimidated to ask questions etc. there was lack of empathy. Going to a OB/GYN isn't easy to begin with so it's important to go to someone I can feel comfortable around & she definitely wasn't that person.
Dr. Sowa is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
Graduated in 1983
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Gail E Sowa accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsScripps Clinic Rancho Bernardo, 15004 Innovation Dr, San Diego, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gail E Sowa in this video.
Dr. Gail E Sowa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.