Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gail A Stephen-Johnson has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I have seen Dr. Stephen-Johnson twice. Both times she was dismissive of my concerns. Her pap smear was the harshest I have ever experienced. On visit one, I brought to her concerns about endometriosis, and stated that I was looking for options other than birth control to help with my symptoms. She refused to engage in a conversation and insisted the only way to treat the symptoms was using birth control. This is not true. On the second visit I was told that I had come back positive for a routine STD. She prescribed antibiotics, and then asked how long it had been since my last STD panel. I said I was certain I had a full panel done about 3 years ago, to which she replied "well, I guess we will never know where this came from." She did not ask me how many partners I had had, she made me feel guilty for engaging in sexual activity, and again was completely dismissive. I had to go home and google exactly what was happening with my body, as she refused to give me more than 5 minutes of her time.
I saw doctor Stephen-Johnson twice and each time she was extremely late more than 1 1/2 and didn't even offer an apology.. I was put off by the introduction she didn't give me at my first appointment with her. This doctor just walked into the room. She didn't even look at me or introduce herself. She just rushed thru my consultation like a whirlwind . I got the same feeling as the other reviewer that this doctor has no beside manners. I went out of my way to find a female doctor to make me feel more comfortable but she was defiantly did not put me at ease. I will be looking for a new gyn. I would give her zero stars if I could.
31 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Brookdale University Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Gail A Stephen-Johnson accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDowntown Center, 447 Atlantic Ave, Brooklyn, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gail A Stephen-Johnson in this video.
Dr. Gail A Stephen-Johnson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.