Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gailen D Marshall Jr
Dr. Gailen D Marshall Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jackson, MS. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Diagnostic Laboratory Immunology, Allergy & Immunology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Marshall is affiliated with Holmes County Hospital. Dr. Marshall has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Gailen D Marshall Jr has the following 3 specialties
- Diagnostic Laboratory Immunology
- Allergy & Immunology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gailen D Marshall Jr has the following 12 expertise
- Food Allergies
- Hay Fever
- Watery Eyes
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
Dr. Gailen D Marshall Jr is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
If I could give a zero rating I would. I was a very serious case, and I have a lot of allergies that consisted in almost every thing in daily living, food, clothing, shampoo, metals, medicine, etc. Living in daily torment with rashes, many other nonstop symptoms. His answer was to prescribe a children antihistamine, which had ingredients in it, that I'm allergic too. He is playing God with people's life, that are very sick and look to his help in desperation. He has done nothing to help me and refused to refer me to someone more knowledgable. If he is a top Doctor, our country is in serious trouble. This man does not need to be seeing patients. His non caring additude has caused my health to decline into a life- threathing condition for me. Every day is a living torture for me and this man did not care.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Marshall is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Gailen D Marshall Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500 N State St, Jackson, MS
Dr. Gailen D Marshall Jr is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Jackson, MS.