Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Galina Gershkovich has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Galina Gershkovich has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Galina Gershkovich has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
Dr Gershkovich has been our pediatrician for the last ten years. As a busy mother, the best part about Dr G's office is the ease of appointments and the minimal wait time. Her staff is also excellent. I am always surprised when I call in with my generic last name and the nurse instantly recognizes my voice and right away knows which kids I am calling about. Dr Gershkovich is a superb diagnostician, and has a personal connection with each patient. Her manner may appear curt, but knowing her as long as we do, I can attest that she truly cares. She is no-nonsense and doesn't waste time, but has taken the extra step and called me after hours to follow up about a sick child many times. I cannot praise her enough.
I am not sure reason this pediatrician received such good reviews. My personal experience is unfriendly staff, unfriendly doctor who did not take time to warm up to a a baby was very rough in handling baby and baby hysterically cried with her the entire time , which he has never done with any therapists that he sees or any other doctors. I also felt like she rushed me out of the office I had to ask her about basic things like sleep, eating , weight height she did not ask me anything about the baby. She would leave our session and go do other things during the visit constantly. I would never recommend this pediatrician to any parent.
HI, Dr. Galina Gershkovics is the best Dr. My Kids love going to her. They don't like being sick, but when they are and we need to take them to the Dr. They don't go crazy. she's really nice to the kids and the parents. She worries about every child and does follow ups to make sure every child is healthy. we Really appreciate her and for what she's doing to our community!!!
I've used this pediatrician for about 2 years for my daughter. She was absolutely wonderful. I only switched because I moved to a new neighborhood. I only have the best things to say about her. She was able to diagnose everything quickly and correctly and new exactly what to do to correct the problems. Getting an appointment was never a problem. And, of course, she's wonderful with kids. I highly recommend her.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
42 Years Experience
St Petersburg State Pediatric Medical Academy
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Galina Gershkovich accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Galina Gershkovich is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.