Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gamal H Eltabbakh
Dr. Gamal H Eltabbakh, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Plattsburgh, NY, with another office in South Burlington, VT. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology, Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology. Dr. Eltabbakh is affiliated with Copley Hospital. Dr. Eltabbakh has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Gamal H Eltabbakh has the following 3 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (Fetoscopy)
- Uterine Cancer
- Ovariectomy (Ovary Removal)
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Abdominal Cavity Cancer (Peritoneal Neoplasm)
- Cervical Tumor (Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia, CIN)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Hysterectomy (Vaginal)
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Ovarian Cancer
- Uterine Cancer (Uterine Cervical Neoplasm)
- Carcinoma in Situ
- Hot Flashes
- Laser Surgery
- Vaginal Cancer
- Female Genital Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 46
It can be scary to see a new doctor. However, after meeting him the first time, I trusted his abilities 110 percent. Thatâs why when I needed another surgery, it was a no brainer for me as to who I wanted to do it. I value his opinion and trust in his experience and knowledge when it comes to my GYN care.
Dr. Eltabbakh was amazing in every aspect! He was compassionate, knowledgeable and talented. My husband, too, was very impressed by Dr. Eltabbakh. I recommend Dr. Eltabbakh without any qualms or hesitation. I was very scared when first walking in but walked out reassured with a solid treatment plan. I am truly grateful in every way!! I was told by a key staff member before my surgery that if his wife had to have the same procedure, he would 100 percent want Dr. Eltabbakh, which to me, was a huge compliment.
My first contact with Dr. Eltabbakh was when he called me on a Sunday to discuss my referral and to see if I had any pressing questions or concerns prior to our initial consultation which was scheduled for Tuesday. This level of personal attention and concern has continued throughout our association. He has called me personally to deliver test results. He and his staff are matter-of-fact and efficient but in a way that inspires the greatest confidence. His bedside manner is just what I would have hoped for in my situation. He performed my surgery skillfully and I have had no complications. I would recommend him without hesitation. Also, as a bonus, his office is beautifully appointed and pleasant to be in. I know this sounds trivial but it really is a nice change from the usual sterile surroundings of a medical office and I appreciated it.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2014, 2008, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2009, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2014, 2011, 2016, 2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Eltabbakh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of Alexandria
Graduated in 1986
Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Gamal H Eltabbakh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gamal H Eltabbakh in this video.
Dr. Gamal H Eltabbakh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plattsburgh, NY.