Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gamal Mostafa has the following 2 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
Dr. Gamal Mostafa has the following 4 expertise
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Dr. Gamal Mostafa has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
All the interface is with residents or interns. Dr. was only available if you insisted on seeing him and then for less than a minute. Each surgery produced an unexpected and unpleasant surprise. Initially I was scheduled for an end to end anastomoses but came out of the surgery with a colonostomy. No one even told me I had this for three days. Morphine notwithstanding, I would have expected that radically different information to be shared. Next surgery was to be a take down of the ostomy, but the next day after the surgery I was informed, again by one of his entourage, that my colostomy was now permanent.
Dr. Mostafa is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of Cairo
Graduated in 1983
Carolinas Medical Center
Dr. Gamal Mostafa accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Physician Group, 4160 John R St, Detroit, MI
Dr. Gamal Mostafa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Detroit, MI.