Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ganesh K Nair
Dr. Ganesh K Nair, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Little Rock, AR. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Nair is affiliated with University Of Arkansas For Medical Science. Dr. Nair has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Ganesh K Nair has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Nair is not educated regarding current treatment for regulating thyroid hormones. At one visit, he told me that I should just learn to be happy being ten pounds overweight. He does not listen to patients regarding their symptoms, he relies on the "normal range" of lab values to determine treatment. In seven years of treatment, he has never changed my medication dossge, despite my symptoms. So much for being a specialist - time to find a new physician!
Dr. Nair Has been following my mother for approx. 6 months now for hypothyroidism. He has been absulutely wonderful. He listens to all of her complaints, (even though some of them are not related to her diagnosis. He makes her feel that he really cares. I think that more doctors should be like him. His office staff are friendly and seems to remember each patient. We really like that.
When I first started seeing Dr. Nair, my symptoms included: hypothyroid, hyperparathyoid, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, borderline high blood sugar, and a vitamin D deficiency. I felt awful, had no energy, memory lapses, and my hair was dry, brittle and shedding prolifically. After six months of blood monitoring and repeated adjustments to my medication, my blood parameters are all now in a normal range, my hair is shiny and strong, and my memory and energy and memory are greatly improved. With better health, my life is better. I am happy that I began seeing Dr. Nair and grateful for how he has improved my health.
Dr. Nair is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine
Dr. Ganesh K Nair accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLittle Rock Diagnostic Clinic, 10001 Lile Dr, Little Rock, AR
Dr. Ganesh K Nair is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Little Rock, AR.