Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Ganesh K Nair has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ganesh K Nair has the following 12 expertise
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
Dr. Ganesh K Nair is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 9
Dr. Nair is not educated regarding current treatment for regulating thyroid hormones. At one visit, he told me that I should just learn to be happy being ten pounds overweight. He does not listen to patients regarding their symptoms, he relies on the "normal range" of lab values to determine treatment. In seven years of treatment, he has never changed my medication dossge, despite my symptoms. So much for being a specialist - time to find a new physician!
Dr. Nair Has been following my mother for approx. 6 months now for hypothyroidism. He has been absulutely wonderful. He listens to all of her complaints, (even though some of them are not related to her diagnosis. He makes her feel that he really cares. I think that more doctors should be like him. His office staff are friendly and seems to remember each patient. We really like that.
When I first started seeing Dr. Nair, my symptoms included: hypothyroid, hyperparathyoid, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, borderline high blood sugar, and a vitamin D deficiency. I felt awful, had no energy, memory lapses, and my hair was dry, brittle and shedding prolifically. After six months of blood monitoring and repeated adjustments to my medication, my blood parameters are all now in a normal range, my hair is shiny and strong, and my memory and energy and memory are greatly improved. With better health, my life is better. I am happy that I began seeing Dr. Nair and grateful for how he has improved my health.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine
Dr. Ganesh K Nair accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLITTLE ROCK DIAGNOSTIC CLINIC, 10001 Lile Dr, Little Rock, AR
Dr. Ganesh K Nair is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Little Rock, AR.