Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent
Facts about coronary artery angioplasty with stent, including who needs it, risks involved, and what type of doctors perform the procedure.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gansevoort H Dunnington has the following 2 specialties
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Myocardial Infarction
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
Bridges to Excellence: Cardiac Care Recognition Program
Cardiovascular disease refers to a number of very serious and costly conditions, including Ischemic Heart Disease (IHD). To encourage more effective treatment and management, BTE worked with cardiac care experts
NCQA Heart/Stroke Recognition Program
The NCQA Heart/Stroke Recognition Program was launched in 2003. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to persons with cardiovascular disease (CVD) or who have had a stroke.
46 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Medical College Of Virginia Hospital
Dr. Gansevoort H Dunnington accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGansevoort H Dunnington Md, 6 Woodland Rd, Saint Helena, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gansevoort H Dunnington in this video.
Dr. Gansevoort H Dunnington is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Helena, CA.