More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Garlanda L Parker has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Garlanda L Parker has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 21
While looking for a pediatrician for my son Dr. Parker was the only doctor who was taking new patients she now treats both my 7 year old son and newborn daughter. Dr. Parker is a competant, caring and helpful doctor who I would recommend to any parent. Sometimes you have to wait a long time in the sitting room or patient room however the office is clean, the staff is helpful and Dr. Parker is calm and always knows what seems to be the issue (if there is one) and is always informative. Dr. Parker herself does not appear like your run of the mill Doctor but asides from that the enviorment is familial and they are very good at seeing you at a last minute basis if needed. Highly recommend this doctor!
Dr. Parker is very caring and thorough. She and her nurses always seem to remember my child and know who my child is. Yes we do have to wait sometime, but if you want the best it's worth it. Office could be use a little updating, but with kids making messes whats the point. We see Dr. Parker based on her bedside manner and knowledge not office appearance. Nurses are great as well. The office is also very good about getting us in quickly for sick visits.
Dr Parker was my doctor from the time that I was 7 til I was 18+ because I loved her so much. I had asthma and allergies as a child so I was very often sick. Sometimes it was hard to get an appointment and there was some wait time. I always associated visiting her with feeling better and had a much more positive viewpoint of visiting the doctor than the usual child. I think this is because of all the positive experiences with Dr Parker and her nurses.
staff is rude, wait times are ridiculous, and last time i went in she looked really dirty and unkempt like she'd been camping for 3 days. the only reason i go to her is because she's the only doctor on the northside who would see my kiddos (who are on medicaid). i don't go to her anymore, though. i'd rather pay out of pocket than get treated like crap by her staff and wait for 2 hours when she is in the office and has no other patients. true story.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
32 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Garlanda L Parker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- Community Care PCC
- CommunityCare PPO Standard Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAll Is Well Pediatrics Pllc, 13321 N Meridian Ave Ste 200, Oklahoma City, OK
Dr. Garlanda L Parker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oklahoma City, OK.