Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Garo C Avetian has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Avetian is a lifesaver, really! At 27 I have 2 herniated discs and Sacroiliitis. The pain I have on a daily basis has not been treated properly simply because of my age. Some doctors think im full of it, or I should just accept the pain, but the xrays and mri don't lie. I have 2 little ones and its gotten to the point where I can't even lift my youngest for a few seconds without screaming. I also have clinicals that are physically demanding. I would not be able to get thru the day without meds, even with physical therapy. Im still in pain when I take the meds but it makes the pain so much more bearable. My quality of life has improved dramatically because of Dr. Avetian. So many doctors in my woods don't care about quality of life, and they don't want to write scripts for even non controlleds because presumably they're afraid to? Who knows. I simply do not have the time to try to find a doctor who MIGHT help me. Seeing Dr. Avetian was the perfect solution for me! Thanks again!
I disagree with the other comments that this doctor is a drug dealer. He is a kind doctor that cares about patients that cannot afford insurance or regualar visits to pain management. I am an honest patient with a REAL condition that requires pain medication to be able to perform daily activities such as going to the bathroom. Dr. Avetian is a CARING doctor, one of few who actually CARE about the patients that are left to just "deal with it". I give him a 10/10! and hope he continues practicing the same!
29 Years Experience
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Garo C Avetian accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Garo C Avetian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.