Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Garry C Karounos has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Garry C Karounos has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Garry C Karounos has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 54
I have seen this doc for 10+ years. Normally I ignore his inability to listen and talk over me because I just want the exam to be over, but today I could not. I see others have commented here that he seems to have a problem with strong female personalities. (Wrong business to be in, doctor). He's rude, ignores your interjections, talks over you and does a lot of mainslpaining (which I hate). He even admitted he did it today when I called him on it. Lots of other woman are complaining of the same thing.I went to write a review on Facebook and before I posted it I noticed that I had been blocked from the page (this was immediately after I left his office). What is he so afraid that I'll say?
I just read some of the negative comments and was shocked. I've been going to Dr. Karounas for over 20 years and my daughter has gone to him. We both have strong personalities and never have trouble speaking with him. He is always personable, attentive. responsive to questions always gets back to you if you call in an inquiry and speak with his nurse. Two things impressed me when I first met him. First was his bedside manner, he balances professionalism with warmth. Second was his statement, "all of you is my patient not just your female organs." As such I have used him as my primary care physician at times, and he always is knowledgeable about medical matters, no matter what the specialty.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Karounos is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Garry C Karounos accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
Locations & DirectionsJohn J Scaffidi Md, 2200 Hamilton St Ste 103, Allentown, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Garry C Karounos, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in Allentown, PA, in this video.
Dr. Garry C Karounos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Allentown, PA.