Dr. Garry Karounos Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Garry Karounos?

Posted on June 20th, 2017

I have seen this doc for 10+ years. Normally I ignore his inability to listen and talk over me because I just want the exam to be over, but today I could not. I see others have commented here that he seems to have a problem with strong female personalities. (Wrong business to be in, doctor). He's rude, ignores your interjections, talks over you and does a lot of mainslpaining (which I hate). He even admitted he did it today when I called him on it. Lots of other woman are complaining of the same thing.I went to write a review on Facebook and before I posted it I noticed that I had been blocked from the page (this was immediately after I left his office). What is he so afraid that I'll say?

Posted on March 5th, 2017

I just read some of the negative comments and was shocked. I've been going to Dr. Karounas for over 20 years and my daughter has gone to him. We both have strong personalities and never have trouble speaking with him. He is always personable, attentive. responsive to questions always gets back to you if you call in an inquiry and speak with his nurse. Two things impressed me when I first met him. First was his bedside manner, he balances professionalism with warmth. Second was his statement, "all of you is my patient not just your female organs." As such I have used him as my primary care physician at times, and he always is knowledgeable about medical matters, no matter what the specialty.

Posted on March 5th, 2017

He discovered my thyroid cancer and three months later another doctor couldn't feel it and was amazed Dr Karounas had detected it. (Thyroid cancer is very slowing growing so surgery wasn't performed right away.(by a prominent specialist at University of PA hospital).

Posted on September 16th, 2016

I defiantly recommend Dr. Karounos. He is caring, understanding, listens to his patient's has compassion for his patients and their family's. Down to earth he has been my doctor since 1995 He's awesome .

Posted on August 15th, 2016

I have never felt so uncomfortable at a gynecologist before.

Highly Reccomend

Posted on March 14th, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Karounos for about 10 years. He has done several surgeries on me for unavoidable medical issues, he delivered my second child and has always taken great care of me. He is personable, and easy to talk to.

Posted on November 17th, 2015

The doctor always made me feel strangely uncomfortable. Go elsewhere.

Zero should be an option.

Posted on August 6th, 2015

Terrible experience here. Doc is an egomaniac and staff was rude. Not well respected among his medical peers either. I went elsewhere and highly recommend others do too.

Posted on June 5th, 2015

A speculation about Dr Karounos: He has been deeply traumatized by bossy women, and when confronted by women who "want to be in the driver's seat," he ridicules them instead of strongly suggesting they find another doctor. His hurting aggressive women is a form of revenge that he doesn't even know he's committing. But he does enjoy it. Solution? Go elsewhere.

Posted on March 23rd, 2015

He is a topnotch person and doctor, but he has developed some questionable defenses against offensive people. Don't go to him to start s personal relationship. Go to him instead to benefit from his very fine care.

Great man as well as doctor

Posted on March 2nd, 2015

He is far better than even he thinks he is.

i would rate a ten if i could!!

Posted on August 8th, 2014

This is the best and smartest Dr in the world. Always very caring and sweet and a kind person. Never feel rushed i always get all my questions answered. and there are not to many people that can adapt to my personality. He is always fun and outgoing and never in a bad mood! Love the staff!! they are wonderful and fun especially my girl Diane. Love everyone here!!!