Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Garry R Pollock has the following 2 specialties
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Garry R Pollock has the following 3 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Garry R Pollock has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Garry R Pollock is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
28 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Garry R Pollock accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGarry Robert Pollock Md, 4642 N Loop 289 Ste 105, Lubbock, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Garry R Pollock in this video.
Dr. Garry R Pollock is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lubbock, TX.