Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Garry H Schwartz
Dr. Garry H Schwartz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Concord, NC, with another office in Raleigh, NC. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Schwartz is affiliated with Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast. Dr. Schwartz has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Garry H Schwartz has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Garry H Schwartz has the following 31 expertise
- Colorectal Cancer
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Sleep Disorders
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Neck Pain
- Blood Cancer
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Biological Therapy (Immunotherapy)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Clinical Research
- Lung Cancer
- Mood Disorders
- Breast Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Garry H Schwartz has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Schwartz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1994
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Garry H Schwartz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 1
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Coventry Carelink - Duke Medicine Tier 1
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Garry H Schwartz in this video.
Dr. Garry H Schwartz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Concord, NC.