Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Gary A Koenig has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
Dr. Gary A Koenig has the following 17 expertise
- Watery Eyes
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Hay Fever
- Occupational Diseases
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Food Allergies
- Nasal Allergies
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Gary A Koenig has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 3
He stated my cough was not related to the lungs & hence my general MD went down the wrong path (internists, ENT, allergists, etc.) for years. Then I switched to a general MD at Methodist, who sent me to a Methodist pulmonologist who confirmed it is a lung issue -- a diagnosis since confirmed by a 3rd pulmonologist from yet another location. (Note to mention the staff was rather rude & unhelpful when I came back later for records.)
38 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Loyola University Medical Center
Dr. Gary A Koenig accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- Coventry NE PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gary A Koenig is similar to the following 2 Doctors near Omaha, NE.