Have you seen Dr. Gary A Smith?

Quick in and out

This practice schedules their appointments 15 minutes apart and that is the MAXIMUM time you will spend with any physician. Although Dr Smith is our "doctor" no one in our family has ever seen him, only PA's and other physicians. I do not feel they are through so if you need to see a physician for anything other than a prescription, go somewhere else.

I like Dr. Smith

In response to the senior citizen and also to speak my own comment: Dr. Smith is now in the office only on Friday bcz he is working, M-Th, at the hospital. (I've seen a lot of such chngs since the Affordable Care Act came into rule. -Sad! e.g., I lost MY former Dr. of 30 years bcz he refused to participate.) Dr. Smith is patient, listens well, has a very positive attitude, and went out of his way to help me. I'll use him again. Remember, schedule way ahead!

Dr. Smith's practice has declined to become just an insurance card practice, i.e., they take your insurance and assign you to an Isolation room. When an appointment is made with Dr. Smith it is not likely you will ever seem him. Unless you ask, some strange person will enter your room. One time I had to wait an hour-and-10-minutes. Twice I was going to leave but I need a scribbled signature because I was out of insulin for my diabetes. When the PA-C entered the room I told him I was out of insulin because of scheduling problem. I asked for one of those samples doctors get from the drug companies. He told me two wait and he'd bring me a sample. He never came back. After 45 minutes I left the office. I just walked out. No one at the reception desk said anything. The next time I made an appointment through the on-line scheduling process when I arrived the receptionist had to appointment for me. Because they were "full" she said she could make an appointment for me. This was a Friday, the next appointment available was the following Tuesday. When I returned I had suddenly come down with what I thought my have been the Flu. My appointment was for 1:45. After the "nurse" took my pulse, weight me and took my temperature, she said everything look fine. She didn't notice I had lost almost 10 pounds over my last visit. When the PA-C entered the room she did another perfunctory examination and again never asked about my weight loss. She noticed I was using Lantus. She suggested I try a new drug that required less medication. However, some insurance is not allowing that drug. If I would like, she would check to see if my company would pay for use. I assumed she would return. I wanted to ask her about my terrible caught that had begun hearting my rib cage, my weight loss because I just couldn't eat and sometimes three sneezes in a row that really hurt my head. She never returned. After about 20 minutes a "nurse" entered the room and handed me two small prescription forms and let me know the appointment was over.

Very disappointed in this office. I went in with a list of symptoms I'd been having to help determine what exactly was wrong and the PA didn't even give me the time of day! She literally spent less than two minutes with me. One of the symptoms was that all of a sudden I'd been having trouble swallowing my birth control pill in the mornings and she didn't even have me open my mouth to check. She felt my throat and that was it. She didn't even listen to my heart or lungs either. I wanted to discuss some things and she couldn't get out of the room quick enough. Terrible experience. Will not return.

Stay Far Away

Dr. Gary Smith's office is poorly run. His bedside manner is awful. I am a senior who has tried to get in to see him because of severe pain and he has not seen me, instead pawning me off onto his assistant. They treat their patients like we are a nuisance.

Yhis is probaby the best docyor in all 15 states I have lived in.He waas a former Fire fighter and emt to put himself through medical schol. i havr great respect fr this man and he has saved my life a cou;e of times and my mothers. you can not go wrong with this doctor at any of his locations. ha always make time to discuss what he finds and any of your cncerns. Love ya Doc!!!

A doctor at my level

He is just a great guy. A person like me that does not seem to be high and mighty and will listen to you. I like real doctors not those that seem to think they are better than you.

Dr. Gary A Smith is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Gilbert, AZ.