Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Gary K Artinian has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gary K Artinian has the following 16 expertise
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Preventive Medicine
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Smoking Cessation
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gary K Artinian - Posted on November 15th, 2016
Very kind doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gary K Artinian - Posted on January 21st, 2015
Love the Service
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gary K Artinian - Posted on April 10th, 2013
I just switched over to Dr. Gary Artinian, who was recommended by my extended family of nurses. About seven of us are his patients now. He took me on a short notice. He is known to be accomondating in our family. He eliminated my issue quickly and effectively. He is happy, approachable and effective. His staff is also very friendly and his patients meant in the lobby tend to be happy, too. I enjoyed my two visits to his office and look forward to seeing him and his staff, again.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gary K Artinian - Posted on November 20th, 2012
Great family doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gary K Artinian - Posted on November 17th, 2011
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2016)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2016, 2017)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Artinian is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Grant Hospital Of Chicago
Dr. Gary K Artinian Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Gary K Artinian
"I strongly believe in prevention of disease with treatment. I encourage patient participation in their health care decisions."
Locations & DirectionsDR GARY K ARTINIAN MDSC, 1400 E Golf Rd Ste 205, Des Plaines, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gary K Artinian, MD - Internal Medicine in Des Plaines, IL, in this video.
Dr. Gary K Artinian is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Des Plaines, IL.