Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gary Barnes
Dr. Gary Barnes, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chattanooga, TN, with another office in Chattanooga, TN. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include General Practice. Dr. Barnes is affiliated with SkyRidge Medical Center - West Side Campus, SkyRidge Medical Center and Erlanger Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Gary Barnes has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Showing 5 of 5
On my follow up visit the Dr. was examining my range of motion and forced my leg to bend and pushed it to my chest without telling me what he was doing. My pain level immediately went from a 2 to 7. I am a 50 year old man, and it was all I could do to keep my control. I let him know he was not going to touch me again. I filed a complaint with the office manager. He sent paperwork to my employer that I was released - but had told me he was referring me to a back specialist for my injury. Now I don't have a job because he released me on the paperwork he sent to my employer.
Dr. Barnes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
SkyRidge Medical Center - West Side Campus
SkyRidge Medical Center
Erlanger Medical Center
Erlanger Bledsoe Hospital
Delta Med Ctr, Greenville, Ms
Erlanger Med Ctr
Erlanger Med Ctr, Chattanooga, Tn
29 Years Experience
Louisiana State University at New Orleans
Graduated in 1984
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gary Barnes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chattanooga, TN.