Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gary Bernard
Dr. Gary Bernard, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orange Park, FL. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Bernard is affiliated with Orange Park Medical Center, Memorial Hospital Jacksonville and St Lukes Hospital of Jacksonville. He speaks English.
Dr. Gary Bernard has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 93
wait times are HOURS. I have had the first appointment of the day and was still forced to wait HOURS while pregnant with a toddler. They are slow moving and over book. They only take blood in office and use their own pharmacy (costs me extra money). My family and I will be attending a new doctor from now on.
Idk if anyone has been to the dr.'s but you ALWAYS wait. In this case I'm OK with waiting a little longer to get in for what I want. He was to the point and direct. Reminded me of the show House & him being Dr. House. Love him or hate him but I'm loving him (so is my husband) for what he's accomplished with our lives!! He's saved my marriage. It's amazing how he puts back your hormones and sense of well being.
Prepare for 4 hour visit. Terrible wait time, an hour or more. It doesnt seem like anybody really cares about your concerns. Without any testing done, automatically prescribed hormones. The only place you can get their prescriptions is their own personal pharmacy next door, that doesnt accept insurance and everytime its been 500 dollars or more for prescriptions, that I DONT need! Terrible expirences. Will never go again. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM! ALL OVER THIS PLACE! Please I urge you to not go here! If I could I would give it -5 stars.
Dr. Bernard is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Lukes Hospital of Jacksonville
St Lukes Hospital/Emergency Phys
Memorial Med. Ctr. Jacksonville
24 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1992
University Of Florida Health Shands Hospital
Dr. Gary Bernard accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPointe Medical Services, 1996 Kingsley Ave, Orange Park, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gary Bernard in this video.
Dr. Gary Bernard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orange Park, FL.