Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gary W Boggus has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Personality Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
Showing 5 of 5
The 2 meds he prescribed me did not work. So when I told him that it was affecting my job performance and making my brain glitch, he said it was a psychological issue and was sending me for a 2nd opinion to his higher up. He's so weird... and when I complained about a mix up in appointments during my appt., he phoned his Director, and interrupted his patient appointment with no hesitation. This Dr. gives me the heebie-jeebies.
1.The pt wanted me to make sure I fixed what happened when they complained about a mix up in their appointment. 2. Second opinions are not to a "higher up", it was just to another psychiatrist and I said they could go to whoever they wanted.
Dr. Boggus is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 1991
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Dr. Gary W Boggus accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMatthew Sachs MD LLC, 6353 Center Dr Ste 204, Norfolk, VA
Dr. Gary W Boggus is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norfolk, VA.