Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gary Briefel MD
Dr. Gary Briefel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brooklyn, NY, with other offices in Baltimore, MD and Rosedale, MD . He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Briefel is affiliated with SUNY Downstate Medical Center - University Hospital of Brooklyn, Kings County Hospital Center and Franklin Square Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Gary Briefel has 3 locations
Dr. Gary Briefel has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gary Briefel is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Briefel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
SUNY Downstate Medical Center - University Hospital of Brooklyn
Kings County Hospital Center
Franklin Square Hospital
Brooklyn University Hospital
Univ Hosp of Brooklyn-SUNY Ctr
Johns Hopkins Bayview Med Center
41 Years Experience
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Gary Briefel Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Gary Briefel's office for more information.
710 Parkside Ave Brooklyn, NY : (718) 703-5917
4940 Eastern Ave Baltimore, MD : (410) 550-1800
9105 Franklin Square Dr Rosedale, MD : (443) 777-8300
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gary Briefel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.